Hamilton is ranked as the 8th most expensive city for auto insurance in Ontario
With an average premium of $1500, Hamilton car insurance rates are higher than average. This is all the more reason for Hamilton drivers to compare auto insurance rates online. And with Begin Insurance, you can get up to 17 quotes in just seconds to instantly compare rates from the best auto insurance companies in Hamilton.
Hamilton Fun Facts. Did you know?
- The population of Hamilton is 750,000. That makes it larger than Detroit, Boston or Las Vegas to name a few. Who would have thought?
- Hamilton is the waterfall capital of the world. With over 100 waterfalls within city limits, Hamilton has more waterfalls than any city in the world.
- Hamilton is also the unofficial Donut Capital of Canada, with over 70 Tim Horton's locations alone.
- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats were founded in 1850, making them one of the oldest professional sports teams in the world.
- Expressways - Using the Red Hill Valley and Lincoln Alexander (the Linc) Expressways are the best way to get through the city, especially if you're heading east or west.
- One Way Streets - Hamilton is famous for its myriad of one way streets in the downtown core. For those not familiar with driving downtown, you might want to use GPS to help you navigate the one-way streets.
- Hamilton Mountain Access - There are many accesses up and down the Hamilton escarpment, often referred to as "The Mountain". These steep inclines can often ice up or collect water from the banks of the escarpment. Use extra caution while driving down these in poor weather conditions.
- The Green Wave - If you're ever coming into town from the 403 onto Main St. you'll notice a long line of stoplights. If you time it just right, you can ride a wave of ever turning green lights from Durndurn straight through to Wentworth St. or beyond.
Hamilton Neighbourhoods We Serve
We provide auto insurance quotes for Downtown Hamilton, East Hamilton, Hamilton Mountain, Westdale, Dundas, Ancaster, Binbrook, Stoney Creek and all surrounding areas.
Auto Insurance Quotes by City
We also provide cheap car insurance quotes in Barrie, Brantford,Burlington, Guelph, Kitchener Waterloo, London, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Richmond Hill, Toronto and Vaughan.
About the Author Sean Graham:
Sean Graham has been an insurance broker in Ontario for the past 18 years. He is considered a pioneer in the digital insurance space and has been featured on CTV’s Canada AM, CBC, City TV, AM 640, Newstalk 1010 and Toronto Star. In 2014 he was named one of Canada’s Top 10 brokers under 40. Sean believes strongly in putting the consumer at the center of everything the business does. He is also an advocate for fostering the next generation of insurance talent through education and mentorship.
Photo by Joe deSousa on Unsplash