Toronto is ranked as the 5th most expensive city for auto insurance in Ontario, behind cities like Brampton, Vaughan, Mississauga and Markham. With an average premium of $1800, Toronto car insurance rates are higher than average.
This is all the more reason for Toronto drivers to compare auto insurance rates online. Get 17 quotes in just seconds. Compare rates from the best auto insurance companies in Toronto.
Toronto Fun Facts. Did you know?
- The population of Toronto is 2,800,000 with Metropolitan Toronto coming in at 6,000,000. That makes it the 7th largest metropolitan area in North America after Mexico City, New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Houston.
- There are over 1.6 million trips on the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) each day. This includes subways, buses and streetcars.
- The PATH is the largest pedestrian system in North America. It is an entire underground city linking the financial core and public transit. It is especially useful in the winter months when Toronto's temperatures become frigid.
- Toronto is perhaps the most ethnically diverse city in the world. Around half of all Toronto residents were born in another country. Newcomers to Canada insurance is something we specialize in at Begin Insurance.
- Gardiner Expressway - The infamous Gardiner Expressway is one of the most congested roads in all of North America. Commuting in and out of the city on the Gardiner can be an exercise in patience. Find a good podcast, be patient, and leave space for cars around you to avoid fender benders.
- Yonge St. - Once thought to be the longest street in the world, Yonge St stretches from Queen's Quay right up into Northern Ontario. A drive along Yonge will allow you to see a good cross-section of Toronto life.
- 401 - Known as the King's Highway, the 401 is the busiest Highway in North America with over half a million vehicles travelling on it per day.
- Don Valley Parkway - Connecting the Gardiner and the 401, the Don Valley Parkway is Toronto's only North/South expressway and wasn't meant to handle the amount of traffic it has per day. Make extra time if commuting during rush hour.
- 407 ETR - The 407 is the Cadillac of the 400 series highways in Toronto but it comes at a price. Be prepared to pay as much as 50 cents per kilometre during peak hours.
Toronto Neighbourhoods We Serve
We provide auto insurance quotes for all areas of the GTA. Given its diverse population, Toronto is home to many different ethnic neighbourhoods like Chinatown, Greektown, Little Italy and Little Portugal. Some of the most expensive areas for insurance in Toronto are Scarborough - Agincourt North, Malvern, Milliken and Rouge, Etobicoke, North York and Richmond Hill. If you live in one of these areas, you should contact us for a quote.
Auto Insurance Quotes by City
We also provide cheap car insurance quotes in Barrie, Brantford, Burlington, Guelph, Hamilton, Kitchener Waterloo, London, Markham, Mississauga, Niagara Region, Newmarket, Oakville, Oshawa, Ottawa, Peterborough, Richmond Hill and Vaughan.
About the Author Sean Graham:
Sean Graham has been an insurance broker in Ontario for the past 18 years. He is considered a pioneer in the digital insurance space and has been featured on CTV’s Canada AM, CBC, City TV, AM 640, Newstalk 1010 and Toronto Star. In 2014 he was named one of Canada’s Top 10 brokers under 40. Sean believes strongly in putting the consumer at the center of everything the business does. He is also an advocate for fostering the next generation of insurance talent through education and mentorship.
Photo by Warren Wong on Unsplash